Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Dim Sum by Fiona Smith. The whole book looks delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, skinless
- 20 rice paper sheets
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- salt, flakes
- Put ingredients 5 (garlic) through 10 (salt) in a food processor until a smooth paste.
- Cut salmon into 20 squares, 2 inches each.
- Dip each wrapper into warm water to soften.
- Place a cilantro leaf in the center.
- Sandwich it with a piece of salmon.
- Now top with a dollop of pesto.
- Fold the sides to form a neat square.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook in batches (sealed side down), for several minutes or until brown.
- Remove, place in a steamer, and steam for 4 to 6 minutes.
- May be made ahead of time and steamed when needed.