Recipe by twissis
I'm lucky I don't ever have to use canned salmon, so I use grilled fresh salmon leftovers for this great sandwich. My recipe source here is the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute who acknowledged Edwina Gadsby of Great Falls, Montana. This recipe was 1 of 6 winners of the "LUV SALMON SO MUCH" recipe contest & it's a winner in my book too. This makes a very good brunch or luncheon item, but is also esp good for TO GO occasions because of its easy portability & the fact the sandwinches can be made up to 6 hrs in advance. Enjoy!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Outstanding sandwiches! One bite, and DH and I both cried "5 stars!!". I used gluten free focaccia and canned salmon, and my mayo was home made - not fat reduced :) Thanks for sharing! Another winner of this Quest.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato (oil-packed & chopped)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel (finely shredded)
- 1 focaccia bread (8-in round or 1 12-in French bread)
- romaine lettuce leaf (as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean salmon of any bony material & place in a med bowl. Add pesto, onion, tomatoes, mayo & lemon peel. Mix well.
- Split bread choice in half. Layer lettuce leaves on bottom half of bread. Top w/salmon mix & top of bread.
- Cut into 4 pieces. Serve immediately or cover w/plastic wrap & refrigerate up to 6 hrs before serving.