Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was one of 6 winners of the "LUV SAMN SO MUCH" recipe contest.
- 418.15 g fresh cooked salmon or 418.15 g canned salmon or 418.15 g canned salmon
- 118.29 ml prepared pesto sauce
- 118.29 ml sweet onions or 118.29 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise (can use reduced fat)
- 2 teaspoonlemons, zest
- 1.23 ml salt
- 8 inch round focaccia bread or 12 inch French bread
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce leaf
- Place salmon in a medium bowl.
- Add pesto, onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise, lemon zest and salt, mix well.
- Split bread in half, layer lettuce leaves on bottom half of bread, top with salmon mixture and top of the bread.
- Cut into 4 and serve immediatly or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.
I should be honest - I didn't actually eat this as I'm not a seafood fan! But I made this as part of an afternoon tea catering for 20 and it was a huge hit! I used sun-dried tomato pesto and red onions. Very easy to make and looked great - thanks for posting!
Excellent blend of flavours. I used canned salmon and did add just a little lemon juice to the mix as well. I also as someone else did...toast the bread. Very tasty for a quick lunch. A keeper for us :)
Wonderful!! I prepared this with leftover broiled salmon and subbed an herbed salad blend for the romaine, as I didn't have any on hand. The flavor of the salmon mixture was perfect and I can't wait to enjoy this sandwich again. Thanks for posting.