Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is courtesy of Twilight's Restorante in Boonsboro, MD. I have not made this dish, so I would be very interested in comments and suggestions.
- 6 -8 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces penne, cooked and cooled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, chopped for garnish
- 2 quarts lobster stock or 2 quarts clam juice
- 1 tablespoon saffron thread
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine reduction, salmon and cream in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook salmon until it is opaque.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cold penne pasta.
- Cook until sauce coats pasta and loses most of its liquid.
- Garnish with chives.
- NOTE: Cold pasta helps to thicken the sauce.
- SAFFRON REDUCTION: Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Let simmer 15 minutes, until saffron has released its color and flavor.
Fish and saffron is a combination i really love. Easy and quick dish.
This dish was lovely. Very rich but something I would serve to company. Not difficult either. I used a veggie bouillon instead of clam juice/lobster stock which seemed to work just fine.
This was delicious! We cut back the cayenne to 3/4 teaspoon and found it to be plenty. We only had 1/2 teaspoon of saffron left in the house, so that's what we used. We left everything else the same and it was so good! We make this every time we have enough lobster shells to make lobster stock.