- 6 -8 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces penne, cooked and cooled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, chopped for garnish
- 2 quarts lobster stock or 2 quarts clam juice
- 1 tablespoon saffron thread
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine reduction, salmon and cream in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook salmon until it is opaque.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cold penne pasta.
- Cook until sauce coats pasta and loses most of its liquid.
- Garnish with chives.
- NOTE: Cold pasta helps to thicken the sauce.
- SAFFRON REDUCTION: Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Let simmer 15 minutes, until saffron has released its color and flavor.