Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not sure were the name came from. Probably because of the peas. My girlfriend used to make this & I loved it. Maybe you will! It's quick & easy.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon, drained & clear of all small bones
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- 2⁄3 cup onion
- Melt margarine in saucepan. Add flour and milk for your basic white sauce.
- Then add your frozen peas & salmon`and onions.
- Stir until creamy; salt & pepper to taste. Also if desired you can add some dill, garlic, or even bacon bites just to give that white sauce a little more flavor.
- You can serve this over rice, toast or pasta--make it a meal!
This was real comfort food to me-just like my mum made for me when i was a kid at home. The only change I maade to the recipe was to saute the onion in the butter before going on to make the white sauce and to run the peas under boiling water before adding them. thanks for the dare Poker.