1/5 Photos of Salmon Patties With Seasoned Mayo
Very nice salmon patties (my own). The list of ingredients are mostly seasonings you will have at hand. Canned salmon and tuna can be quite bland unless well seasoned. Do use a tangy mayonnaise and not low-fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 tablespoons mayonnaise, tangy
- 2 teaspoons wasabi, sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- olive oil (for frying, or use canola)
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained in a sieve
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs (I prefer cornflake crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, smooth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, tangy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Whisk together the ingredients for the mayonnaise, and taste. Note that I used a wasabi sauce, not the tube. Wasabi from a tube might be stronger, so use less. Put in a small jug, cover and keep in fridge.
- 2Crush the salmon in a roomy bowl, then add all the ingredients, EXCEPT keep out 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs, and don't add the eggs yet. Mix ingredients lightly while you add them.
- 3Add the eggs, and fold the mixture over and over until very well mixed. You can make this mixture ahead of time and keep in the fridge -- it helps to develop the flavour.
- 4If possible, use a nonstick pan for frying -- saves so much battle with possible sticking! Heat the pan over high heat, add a film of oil, and heat that well.
- 5Form patties about the size of your palm, and lightly pat on some of the 1/4 cup cup crumbs you kept out.
- 6Fry in batches over medium heat until one side is deep golden brown, then flip over. You will need more oil as you fry them.
- 7I got 10 patties from this recipe. A serving might be 2 or 3, while a small kid will only have 1, so number of servings are up to you to decide!
- 8Serve hot, with the cold prepared mayonnaise. With a filling, healthy salad this is a dinner.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Patties With Seasoned Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g