Recipe by Zurie
Very nice salmon patties (my own). The list of ingredients are mostly seasonings you will have at hand. Canned salmon and tuna can be quite bland unless well seasoned. Do use a tangy mayonnaise and not low-fat!
Top Review by Jessica M.
Ugh, so delicious. I live alone so I made a serving for 2 and ate it all for myself! I'm almost sad I didn't make more because I want seconds! The serving for 2 made about 3-4 patties, palm sized, with one salmon filet. <br/>GREAT recipe.
- 5 -6 tablespoons mayonnaise, tangy
- 2 teaspoons wasabi, sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- olive oil (for frying, or use canola)
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained in a sieve
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (I prefer cornflake crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, smooth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, tangy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the ingredients for the mayonnaise, and taste. Note that I used a wasabi sauce, not the tube. Wasabi from a tube might be stronger, so use less. Put in a small jug, cover and keep in fridge.
- Crush the salmon in a roomy bowl, then add all the ingredients, EXCEPT keep out 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs, and don't add the eggs yet. Mix ingredients lightly while you add them.
- Add the eggs, and fold the mixture over and over until very well mixed. You can make this mixture ahead of time and keep in the fridge -- it helps to develop the flavour.
- If possible, use a nonstick pan for frying -- saves so much battle with possible sticking! Heat the pan over high heat, add a film of oil, and heat that well.
- Form patties about the size of your palm, and lightly pat on some of the 1/4 cup cup crumbs you kept out.
- Fry in batches over medium heat until one side is deep golden brown, then flip over. You will need more oil as you fry them.
- I got 10 patties from this recipe. A serving might be 2 or 3, while a small kid will only have 1, so number of servings are up to you to decide!
- Serve hot, with the cold prepared mayonnaise. With a filling, healthy salad this is a dinner.