Recipe by Cooputo
Kids love 'em (especially if called "crabby patties", LOL). Great for parents too, served with rice and hot-sauce....mmmm! Can use leftover salmon instead of canned.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pink salmon (remove skin, bone, and flake)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lemon-Caper Cream Sauce: Stir together sour cream, capers, mayonaise, lemon zest, lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in air-tight container in fridge for up to 2-weeks.
- Salmon Patties:Place salmon in medium mixing bowl, stir in egg, cornmeal, buttermilk, flour, and garlic salt. Batter will be quite wet.
- Drop large tablespoon of salmon mixture into hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and slightly flatten with a fork/spoon.
- Fry in batches for 2-3 minutes on eat side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- Serve salmon patties with lemon-caper cream sauce.