Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from a neighbor who would make them small and serve them as an appetizer at her parties. I make them bigger and eat them for a regular meal. These could also be served on a toasted bun.
- Drain salmon (reserve juice), flake.
- Combine egg, onions,bread crumbs, lemon juice, lemon peel and pepper to salmon. Mix well.
- Form into 4-5 patties.
- Pan fry in small amount of oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove patties to platter and keep warm.
- Add reserved salmon juice and enough water to pan to make 1 cup liquid.
- Add margarine, dill weed, salt and pepper to pan.
- Mix cornstarch with water. Stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to pan and heat until thicken.
- Add patties back into pan and slowly simmer until heated through.
Very nice salmon patty. Very quick to make and I can see making these in the morning to bring to work for lunch. I did not care for the sauce and I would make this with a traditional roux next time using milk for part of the broth. I used seafood broth instead of water and quite a lot of fresh dill instead of dried dill, which is what I assume the recipe required. All in all, a very nice lunch, served with steamed Yukon gold potatoes (also sprinkled with fresh dill) and a green salad.