Use leftover or canned salmon in this recipe. Tasty, quick and easy, economical too! Uses ingredients that we usually have on hand. We serve with buttered peas, steamed rice and a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PATTIES
- 16 ounces of leftover salmon or 16 ounces canned salmon
- 2 cups loosely packed soft breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions or 1/3 cup chives or 1/3 cup shallot
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup cracker crumb (I use Ritz crackers)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
FOR THE DILL SAUCE
- 1Make the dill sauce first by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed and lemon juice in a small bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2In a large bowl flake the salmon into fine flakes, combine with soft bread crumbs, onion of choice, milk, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, pepper, and dill weed.
- 3Shape into 8 patties about 3/4-inch thick (I use a hamburger patty mold).
- 4Dip patties into cracker crumbs to coat.
- 5Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- 6Pan fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- 7Serve with Dill Sauce.
- 8OPTIONAL: Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over patties.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Patties With Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.4 mg
- Sodium 474.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g