Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Use leftover or canned salmon in this recipe. Tasty, quick and easy, economical too! Uses ingredients that we usually have on hand. We serve with buttered peas, steamed rice and a green salad.
FOR THE PATTIES
- 16 ounces of leftover salmon or 16 ounces canned salmon
- 2 cups loosely packed soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onions or 1⁄3 cup chives or 1⁄3 cup shallot
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb (I use Ritz crackers)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
FOR THE DILL SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Make the dill sauce first by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed and lemon juice in a small bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl flake the salmon into fine flakes, combine with soft bread crumbs, onion of choice, milk, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, pepper, and dill weed.
- Shape into 8 patties about 3/4-inch thick (I use a hamburger patty mold).
- Dip patties into cracker crumbs to coat.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Pan fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with Dill Sauce.
- OPTIONAL: Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over patties.
I'm giving this recipe five stars for flavor - but the patties were actually a little heavier than we prefer - will add another egg next time and maybe whip the recipe before "loosely" forming the patties. Other than the heaviness - which is personal preference - taste is excellent. We added 2 oz of chopped pimentos for color. The dill sauce was just wonderful! Will make this again. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
I wanted to cook something new for dinner tonight and this recieved several "good dinner Mom" comments. The dill sauce gave it that extra touch. Thanks for sharing.
this is easy and very good