Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe on the net per a recipe request. Let me know how it is please.
Make and share this Salmon Patties-Swiss Style recipe from Food.com.
- Pulse salmon in a food processor-you do not want it to fine.
- Spoon into a large bowl and blend in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in cream, scallion, parsley, tarragon, capers, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice last.
- Form into eight patties and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and fry salmon patties 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and drain off oil.
- Add balsamic vinegar and saute lettuce to just wilting-around 1 minute.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates and place 2 patties on each, pour over remaining hot vinegar.
These were good!! I used canned salmon instead of fresh. I didn't quite get all of the oil out of the can so the mixture was a little mushy/oily. The first patty I made fell apart when I tried to turn it over in the skillet. I added about 1/4 cup of flour to the rest of the mixture to firm it up a little bit. That made the other patties easier to turn in the skillet. I am going to try this recipe again using fresh salmon after I get me a food processor. Thanks for a good recipe Di.
the food ia really tasty. May be you can consider to use just 2 eggs instead of 3, 2 teaspoon caper instead of 1 and add a bit nutmeg. I think this would help make the food not so feeling.
I only gave this recipe 4 stars because of the difficulty in working with the patties (i.e. the flip). I did have to fry them fairly long to keep them together, so they kind of looked too well done, even though they tasted great. I’m sure that I won’t eat this recipe very often because of dietary concerns, but I very much liked the taste and texture. In my opinion these cakes have an interesting taste and a wonderful smooth texture on the inside. I will definitely make these again. Thanks.