Recipe by Dib's
I found this recipe on the net per a recipe request. Let me know how it is please.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
These were good!! I used canned salmon instead of fresh. I didn't quite get all of the oil out of the can so the mixture was a little mushy/oily. The first patty I made fell apart when I tried to turn it over in the skillet. I added about 1/4 cup of flour to the rest of the mixture to firm it up a little bit. That made the other patties easier to turn in the skillet. I am going to try this recipe again using fresh salmon after I get me a food processor. Thanks for a good recipe Di.
- 2 lbs boneless salmon fillets
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups fancy mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse salmon in a food processor-you do not want it to fine.
- Spoon into a large bowl and blend in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in cream, scallion, parsley, tarragon, capers, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice last.
- Form into eight patties and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and fry salmon patties 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and drain off oil.
- Add balsamic vinegar and saute lettuce to just wilting-around 1 minute.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates and place 2 patties on each, pour over remaining hot vinegar.