Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yeah, yeah - I know, I know. Yet ANOTHER Salmon Pattie recipe. ;P But I looked all over the 'zaar and didn't see a recipe for them quite like mine so I thought I'd submit my version. My way to eat them is to just dip 'em in ketchup. My DH likes to gobble them up on hamburger buns with Miracle Whip. These are super easy and bursting with flavor. Huge hit in my house! hope u like 'em! :P
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package saltine crackers, crushed (not too fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more if you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use olive.) or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use olive.)
- butter or margarine
- Drain salmon juice into a large bowl and pick the round bones out of the salmon.(You can leave in the small bones and skin.).
- Add salmon, onion, crushed crackers, eggs, salt and pepper to the salmon juice.
- Mix thoroughly with hands.
- Put oil and enough butter when melted to cover the bottom of a large skillet. Heat on medium high until bubbly.
- Form salmon mixture into hand-sized patties a little over 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry in butter and oil until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan when bare spots appear.
- Drain on paper towels and enjoy! Yummy!