Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mom used to make these when I lived at home.Who knew they were good for you.. back then! Condiments for dipping, mustard, ketchup,tarter sauce, or lemon. Make your favorite side dishes to go with this,or make a salmon patty sandwich.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 25 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Drain and debone salmon.
- In bowl mix salmon, egg and onions.
- Right before frying, add crushed crackers; mix again (I use my hands).
- Form 6 patties.
- In frying pan, heat oil and butter until melted.
- On medium heat, fry 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- You may need to add more oil and butter.
My mom made salmon patties with cracker crumbs also. I have tryed but my patties either are to dry or wet. This recipe is the perfect combination. I loved them. Thank you Cindy. This goes directly into my keeper file.
This was really easy to make and it tasted good. Next time I'll put a little seasoning in it to give it a little more flavor. A good recipe for a busy day.
This is the same recipe I use except I use red salmon. These really are delicious. I always serve with creamed corn over rice and there are never any leftovers.