Darren is a close friend of ours and has been a chef for over 27 years. He worked in an English pub called "The Pig and Whistle"; this is their recipe for salmon patties. Serve hot with chips and either tomato sauce OR tartar sauce; both are suitable but not together! I make this when I have leftover mashed potatoes OR I make extra for this meal the next day. Cheap and the patties can be made the night before. Recipe can be doubled and tripled. Recipe does NOT include resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mashed potatoes, salmon, egg, green onion, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and breadcrumbs thoroughly in a large bowl. Use your hands; I like using food preparation gloves.
- 2Use wet hands to form into patties.
- 3Roll patties in the extra breadcrumbs.
- 4Put patties on a plate and leave for at least for an hour, or up to overnight. They break apart if not left to rest. Cover with cling wrap until ready to use.
- 5When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large fry pan/skillet. I use my electric skillet up to number 8, medium high.
- 6Add the patties when the oil is hot; test a piece of bread, it should turn golden within 5 to 10 seconds.
- 7Fry one side until golden and flip; fry the other side until golden (about 6 minutes in total).
- 8Serve with chips and salad/veggies.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Patties - Chef's Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.1
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 385.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: