Recipe by johnmeyer60025
This is a salmon patty recipe I came up with over 10 years ago. It was based on a family recipe, but modified to make it even more healthy for you. But to my surprise, my kids LOVED it and often request it for dinner. Hope you find the same results with your family.
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon (red or pink)
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, diced fine small size (or half a medium sized)
- 1 celery rib, diced fine
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 -8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place canned salmon with fluid in a large bowl.
- Add next 8 ingredients and mix well to break up the salmon.
- Add last 2 ingredients and mix to evenly moisten the oatmeal and breadcrumbs.
- Form into patties like burgers (typical yield is 8 patties).
- Fry in olive oil (or any other favorite healthy oil) at medium-low temperature for 4 minutes per side. Patties should be medium golden brown with a slightly crispy crust when done.
- Place on a paper towel covered plate to drain and serve while still hot.
- Although you could serve with tarter sauce or malt vinegar, you may find everyone enjoys them plain.
- Smaller patties can be used as an appetizer.