Recipe by LorraineZ
Salmon Patties - Quick and easy. The Cheddar cheese really makes this recipe. One of my family's favorite meals. Usually serve it with Mac and cheese.
Top Review by Meredith K.
I was disappointed with these. The cheddar is a nice touch, but the mixture was really hard to work with -- by the time I was shaping the last patty, I had a sticky mess on my hands. If I make these again, I'll try dry breadcrumbs. Also, I thought the 4 tbs. of butter for frying was way too much and not necessary.
- 1 lb cooked salmon, canned or fresh
- 1 small onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- If using canned salmon, drain and pick over to remove hard cartilage and bones.
- Finely chop onion.
- Using fork, flake the salmon and then combine in a medium bowl with onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley.
- Using about 1/3 cup salmon mixture for each cake, shape the mixture into rounds about 1/2" thick.
- Sprinkle flour on a plate and dredge the patties, coating well, but dusting off excess flour.
- Place patties in the refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet until foamy and hot.
- Add the patties and brown both sides, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the pan and drain on paper towels.