Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Salmon Patties - Quick and easy. The Cheddar cheese really makes this recipe. One of my family's favorite meals. Usually serve it with Mac and cheese.
- If using canned salmon, drain and pick over to remove hard cartilage and bones.
- Finely chop onion.
- Using fork, flake the salmon and then combine in a medium bowl with onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley.
- Using about 1/3 cup salmon mixture for each cake, shape the mixture into rounds about 1/2" thick.
- Sprinkle flour on a plate and dredge the patties, coating well, but dusting off excess flour.
- Place patties in the refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet until foamy and hot.
- Add the patties and brown both sides, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the pan and drain on paper towels.
I was disappointed with these. The cheddar is a nice touch, but the mixture was really hard to work with -- by the time I was shaping the last patty, I had a sticky mess on my hands. If I make these again, I'll try dry breadcrumbs. Also, I thought the 4 tbs. of butter for frying was way too much and not necessary.
I made these the other night and we found them to be very tasty and satisfying.<br/><br/>I used a 415 gram can of red salmon, red onion, dry corn flake crumbs, parmesan cheese as I didn't have any cheddar and extra parsley as I misread the quantity, fashioning the mixture into 9 small to medium sized patties. As another review noted, the mixture was messy to handle. I got around this by rinsing my hands a couple of times throughout the process and moulding the patties with wet hands. I needed to add and extra egg to get the mixture to hold together.<br/><br/>Will make these again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was sooo good! I'm not really a big fan of salmon patties, but the cheese made such a difference! I used about 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs, and it held together nicely. I used sharp cheddar, fresh parsley (about 2 T) and just eyeballed the W and hot sauces to our taste. 5 mins on each side on about med. heat gave a perfect crisp crust. Thanks so much!