Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
With the help of my friends, the Villani's, we developed this excellent pate' recipe to be served as an appetizer. I therefore named it after them. Very easy recipe to make.
Top Review by Tebo
Very easy "do ahead" appetizer. I coated this with chopped peanuts instead of parsley and it seemed to work out very well. I also used green onion instead of a regular onion. Thank you for posting this "Uncle Bill".
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 drops liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce or 4 drops red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mix together salmon, cream cheese, liquid smoke, fresh lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, onion and salt; mix well.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer to a smaller bowl, cover and refrigerate to chill, about 1 hour or longer.
- When chilled, roll mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball in finely chopped parsley until coated.
- Transfer ball to a serving plate.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers or potato chips.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
- Freshly cooked salmon can also be used.
- If desired, use 6 green onions finely chopped instead of the regular onion.