Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
With the help of my friends, the Villani's, we developed this excellent pate' recipe to be served as an appetizer. I therefore named it after them. Very easy recipe to make.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together salmon, cream cheese, liquid smoke, fresh lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, onion and salt; mix well.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer to a smaller bowl, cover and refrigerate to chill, about 1 hour or longer.
- When chilled, roll mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball in finely chopped parsley until coated.
- Transfer ball to a serving plate.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers or potato chips.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
- Freshly cooked salmon can also be used.
- If desired, use 6 green onions finely chopped instead of the regular onion.
Very easy "do ahead" appetizer. I coated this with chopped peanuts instead of parsley and it seemed to work out very well. I also used green onion instead of a regular onion. Thank you for posting this "Uncle Bill".
This certainly does sound like an interesting recipe! I'm not a big fan of Tobasco, onions or parsley, though, so I think I might try rolling them in crushed walnuts and see how that is! Great idea! Thanks!