Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is always a hit . The horseradish gives it a nice tang. Use less if not a big fan of horseradish.This is from Company's Coming with a few adaptations.Serve with crackers.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can red salmon
- Mash cream cheese with onion and lemon juice.
- Mix in liquid smoke.
- Drain salmon and remove dark skin and bones.
- Add horseradish and mix well.
- Chill for several hours.
Since I made this on the spur of the moment, I didn't have liquid smoke but it was good anyway. Next time, I'll have all the ingredients & it will be great! — posted Dec 29, 2002,1 member found this helpful I've made this several times since my original 4 star rating but kept "forgetting" to come back & upgrade to 5 stars! The addition of hickory flavoured liquid smoke is responsilble for that change. Thanx again Kate!
I really like the flavour of this but I was somehow expecting it to be more solid. It seemed more like a dip than a pate to me, even after several hours refrigeration. I ended up serving it as a dip and it was very well received.