Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I scanned through the existing Salmon Pate's on zaar and did not see anything like this one I was given years and years ago. It's a wonderful party dish and is simple to make. You *could* add a touch of liquid smoke but with the flavors in this I have never found it necessary.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can red salmon, drained & boned
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- salt & pepper
- hard-boiled egg
- green onion, for garnish
- In a food processor, mince garlic; add butter and blend well.
- Add salmon; process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until well blended.
- Mold and Chill, preferably overnight. Serve at room temperature.
- Surround the molded pate with slices of hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle eggs with chopped green onion tops. Serve with mild crackers, toast rounds or Melba toast.
- ** You must make this ahead and allow it to chill for at least several hours. Preparation time does not include chilling time.