Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy salmon pate
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canof chicken of the sea pink salmon
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon of gourmet garlic (gourmet garden brand)
- 1 tablespoon of gourmet italian seasoning (gourmet garden brand)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of knox gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 large cucumbers
- Place salmon in mixing bowl of food processor. Remove the bones. Add sundried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper, 1 tablespoon of gourmet garlic, 1 tablespoon of gourmet italian seasoning, 1/2 cup of fresh thyme and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Pulse to blend.
- Place knox gelatin in small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of hot water. Allow to dissolve.
- Place 1 cup of heavy cream in kitchenaid mixing bowl or place in mixing bowl and use hand mixer. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold in salmon mixture. Incorporate gently.
- Fold in Knox gelatin, incorporate gently.
- Spray two small loaf pans with olive oil. Divide remaining lemon pepper between loaf pans. Sprinkle on the bottom. Use more lemon pepper if you desire. Divide remaining Thyme sprigs between loaf pans. Arrange over the lemon pepper.
- Divide salmon mixture between loaf pans.
- Cover and refrigerate over night or until set.
- Run a sharp knife around the pans. Turn out onto chilled platter. Slice cucumbers into 24 pieces. Arrange around platter.
- Serve on cucumber slices.
I made this a while back but just have not gotten around to rating it. I did not know if I was supposed to keep the water from the can of salmon so I drained and reserved it. I did end up using some of it to get the mixture combined without being too dry. I used slightly less lemon pepper and did not know where to get "gourmet garden brand" so just used seasoning brands I had on hand. I used one envelope of unflavored gelatin. I think I didn't cut my sun-dried tomatoes fine enough and would do a better job next time. This recipe makes A LOT of salmon pate and in the future I would make it for a party so there are enough people to clean it up. Good flavor, not too strong. Thanks, Parthenia, for posting.