Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple to make and it will keep refrigerated up to 10 days!
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 can salmon, skinned and boned
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons dill (seeds if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, dash of tobasco also
- salt and pepper
- Mince onion in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend with off/on turns then let run until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Good with raw vegetables, crackers or Melba toast.
- Can also shape and cover with parsley or chopped nuts.
I found this tasted more like hoseradish/onion then salmon and it did not have a pate consistancy, but it made a nice dip.
Simple to make, simply delicious & quite economical if you buy tinned salmon when its on sale! I used dill weed (all I had) and 3 tbsps of lemon juice - next time, I'll cut back to 2 & increase the liquid smoke to a full teaspoon. Thanx Tebo!