I lack the wording for what this should be called...it's easy, looks elegant, and you can use canned salmon if that's what you have. I wish I had a picture of how pretty this looks. Consider putting it in a square quiche pan if you can find one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out the pastry and use it to line an 8" quiche pan. Mix the cornstarch with a little milk. Bring the remaining milk to a boil and stir in the cornstarch mixture, then return to the pan and cook for 1 minutes, stirring.
- 2Season with the salt and pepper.
- 3Mix the butter and garlic into the fresh salmon, or drain the canned salmon and flake the fish removing any bones or skin you find.
- 4Remove the sauce from the heat and beat in the egg, then fold the slamon and spoon the mixture into the pastry shell. Bake in a preheated oven at 375º for 40 minutes.
- 5Serve garnished with dill sprigs.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g