Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a tasty, quick and easy skillet dinner for those busy nights when you just don't have time to "cook". Serve with a tossed green salad. (Tuna could be substituted for salmon if you prefer).
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotelle pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese with chives, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained,flaked,skin and bones removed
- In large skillet, heat chicken broth to boiling.
- Add vegetables and pasta.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
- Stir in cream cheese until combined.
- Stir in milk, Parmesan, mustard, basil and a dash of pepper.
- Gently stir in salmon.
- Cook until heated through.
So easy so delicious! I used a small can of red salmon and bowtie pasta. Also used plain cream cheese (lite) Glad I caught up with you on Zaar chat Dee..lol
This was very easy to prepare. I put a little bit of mustard on a small sample to see if I would like the taste. I agree with the the other reviewer that the mustard took away from the dish. It just didn't seem to go well with the dish. I actually think it would have been better as just a pasta dish without the salmon.
I sent this recipe to my mother, who is on a special diet for her high cholestorol...and she has been raving about it all night. The serving sizes are more then enough, and she had more then she could eat-thus making it VERY good for her diet.