Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and delicious fish salad.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh salmon
- 6 ounces pasta (shells, rotini, penne, ziti, etc )
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon scallions (finely chopped) or 1 tablespoon green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry white wine or 1⁄2 tablespoon vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (minced)
- salt and black pepper
- Rinse the salmon fillet with lemon and cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Marinate the salmon fillet with 1/2 tablespoon of oil, lemon juice and black pepper.
- At 350 degree, broil the salmon for 15 minutes; keep it outside first; at room temperature, place it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, boil water, add the pasta, cook it for 15 minutes or al dente; rinse in cold water and drain; keep it in fridge.
- Prepare the salad dressing - mix the oil, vinaigrette or wine, Oregano or thyme, scallions, the sour cream, black pepper and salt; whisk it well.
- Add the salad dressing to the pasta; toss well until the pasta is well covered.
- Break the broiled salmon fillet into small pieces; combine fillet pieces with the pasta salad.
- On a serving platter, place the salmon-pasta salad and sprinkle parsley. Serve it cold. Keep in fridge.