Don't recall where this recipe came from years ago, but it is one of the few salmon recipes that I really like. Note that 1.75 cups of cold baked salmon can be substituted for the canned salmon. If the final product seems too dry for your taste, additional red wine vinegar and olive oil can be added.
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red salmon
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse & remove skin & bones & other tissue from red salmon, then break into medium-size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to box, then chill.
- In large bowl, mix together salmon, pasta, carrots, celery, olives, onion & bell pepper.
- In smaller bowl, combine vinegar, oils, sugar, oregano, salt & pepper & mix well, then pour it over salmon mixture, tossing carefully to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover, chill & serve later.