Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Serve with crackers.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
This was very good. I made it for an appetizer before Christmas dinner, and all the adults in my family enjoyed it. I felt that it needed a bit of extra horseradish and that the bell pepper was a bit too strong. The kids didn't care for the bell pepper, either, and kept picking it out. If it wasn't for those 2 things, I'd give it a 5-star rating. I will definitely make it again, but I think I'll leave out the bell pepper and double the horseradish. I might add some finely chopped green onion, too. We used a gift can of wild pink salmon. It was so easy to make, which I really appreciated at such a busy time. I didn't use the liquid smoke this time, but I think it'd be good with a few drops in it (maybe not a half-teaspoonful, though). Thank you so much for posting, Lorrie! Made for holiday tag.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- finely chopped pecans or additional parsley