Recipe by LeVert Thomas
This recipe was given to me by a member of my wifes 'Chat 'n Chew' club which meets the first friday of each month. The membership consists of 14 teachers and school administrators. They meet at each others home alternately. The 'chew' portion of the club produces some very tasty dishes. This is one of them. (I decided to NOT make the balls, but to serve as a dip with the pecans and parsely sprinkled on top, served with a vegetable platter as well as chips, & crackers etc.) D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
- 2 (1 lb) cans pink salmon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, snipped (more if desired)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon.
- Remove skin and bones, then flake.
- Combine with lemon juice, onion, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, horseradish, tabasco and cream cheese.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Combine pecans and parsley. Sprinkle a layer on a cutting board.
- Form salmon mixture into small balls and roll each ball in pecan mixture.
- Chill and serve with crackers, chips, toast wedges etc.