From Delicious magazine, UK. This is a freeze ahead recipe. If you want to cook it straight away, prepare it up to step 4, but just cook the parcels for 15 minutes. Remember to cover the filo with a clean, damp tea towel while making the pies as it dries out quickly. This is good with stir-fried veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix half the butter with the curry paste, lime zest, and coriander. Season, wrap in cling film, and shape into a log. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- 2Melt the remaining butter in a small pan over a low heat. Trim the filo to rectangles about 18X26cm. Brush 1 rectangle with butter. Top with another rectange, brush with butter, and finish with a 3rd layer of filo.
- 3Place a salmon fillet, skinned side down, in the center of each filo pile. Cut the Thai butter into pieces and put 2 along each fillet. Bring up 2 edges of pastry over the salmon to enclose. Brush the open ends with butter, and fold up and over to seal. Put on a baking sheet and brush with butter.
- 4Freeze on baking sheet for 2 hours. Store in freezer bag for up to 2 months.
- 5To cook from frozen, preheat oven to 200 degrees C, and heat a baking sheet. Once sheet is hot, put the frozen salmon pastries on the sheet and cook for 25 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Parcels With Thai Butter
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 538.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
limes, zest of