Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My best friend in England gave me this recipe. It's fast, tasty and quite elegant I think - and I usually have the ingredients on hand. Creme Fraiche is not readily available in Canada yet, so I have used both plain yogurt and sour cream, and even low-fat and no-fat versions. For petit pois I use good quality tiny peas and for greaseproof paper I substitue wax paper. Parchment would be fine too.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 small leeks, very finely sliced
- 2 ounces frozen petits pois
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche, plus
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, to serve (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Arrange each salmon fillet on a 14" (35cm) square of greaseproof paper and season.
- Top each fillet with leeks and peas and 2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt and tarragon.
- Fold the paper over at the top and fold the ends underneath (think gift wrapping) and put them on a microwave-proof plate.
- Cook on full power for 5 minutes. (I have a smaller, older, over the stove microwave and they need 7 minutes).
- Unwrap and slide onto 2 plates and top with extra creme fraiche if using.
- I like to serve these with tiny new potatoes.