Recipe by Lani D
I still eat fish, mainly because I am a health nut and I cant actually afford flaxseed oil right now. Salmon is beyond my favourite fish and is probably my only trip up when it comes to my wanting to live as vegan as possible. This is quick with really light flavours.
Top Review by kaplan.stevene
This is a great way to cook salmon. No clean up, just toss the foil. As a bonus, it is delicious. When done it still comes out with all of it's deep orange color. The salad is a perfect match for the fish. I coverted the european measurments: cook at 360 degrees for 10-30 minutes depending on the wellness you prefer. For the salad, just put some spinach in a bowl, add some herbs, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, wine winegar, all to taste and mix. Also try it with italian dressing instead of the vinegar.
- 400 g salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 small sweet pepper, try to get orange (capsicum)
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- 50 g mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°F (350°F).
- Get 4 sheets of tinfoil, enough to make a bag for each individual fillet.
- Lightly oil the base.
- Spoon on lemon grass, dill and parsley into the center of each sheet.
- Score the skin of each fillet and lay skin side down onto herbs.
- Season flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Bring up sides of foil and fold down until its tight but still enough room for fillet to breath. Bring in other sides.
- On a baking tray place parcels and put into the oven. Shouldn't take any more then 10 minutes to cook fish through but you may want to check to make sure fish has flaked.
- In the meantime cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and cut the capsicum/pepper into small thin strips. Toss together with baby spinach, herbs and the red wine vinegar.
- When salmon is ready I suggest serving it in a bag so the eater can open it up and be hit with the aroma. If not fish people plate the fillet with a side of the small salad. Salmon also goes devine with some diced cantaloupe, papaya and kiwi fruit.