Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This receipe is a favorite from our resort. It is elegant in appearance, and so very tasty ..everyone enjoys it. It is excellent cold, too!
- 4 pieces fresh salmon, fileted with skin on,about 3"x 5" each
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- oil, for frying
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or dry white wine
- Dredge salmon in paprika.
- Place in hot oil skin side down.
- Fry for about 2-4 minutes Turn, Fry til cooked,2 to 4 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, saute mushrooms,garlic,in butter in separate pan.
- In bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice or wine together.
- To serve place salmon on plate, put on good dollop of sour cream, top with mushrooms and garnish with paprika.
I liked it, but didn't love it. I thought the sauce was interesting, but I guess I go more for real lemony sauces (or just lots of lemon juice) on fish. Very picky DH ate it, said he liked it, but it was not with the enthusiasm he exhibits when he really likes something. He also did not even try the sauce, just put lots of lemon juice on it.
It was a tough decision on 4 stars or 5 stars because I don't particularly like fish. But the rest of my family truly, delightfully enjoyed this recipe. I must say, it does have a nice gentle, moist flavor but it was still fish. My family is Norwegian so, undoubtedly, I will make this recipe again. I would never of thought of drudging salmon in paprika! It was fun. Thank you.
I've made this dish many times over the last couple of months both for my family and for guests. It's ALWAYS a BIG hit!!! It's the only way my husband wants his salmon prepared now. Thanks!