Recipe by tamarinda
Posted by Annie Oklee to the KitchenAppliancesAndRecipes Yahoogroup.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was a nice, sophisticated dish. Very quick & easy to throw together as well. I ended up making my potato latkes in the oven like I usually do, and they tasted great. [Made & Reviewed for PAC Spring 2013]
- 1 lb mealy potato, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives, to garnish
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 ounces smoked salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the grated potatoes under cold running water, drain, and pat dry on paper towels. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mix the scallions, flour, and eggs into the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet.
- Drop about 4 tablespoons of the mixture into the skillet and spread each one with the back of a spoon to form a circle (the mixture should make 16 pancakes).
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning once, until golden. Drain well.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook the remaining mixture in batches.
- Top the pancakes with the sour cream and smoked salmon, garnish with fresh chives, and serve hot.