1/1 Photo of Salmon Pâté Bruschetta
Julie B's Hive's Note:
Deliciously rich! Ideal for parties! Can be prepared in advance for last-minute quick assembly. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 scallion, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1 bay leaf, torn in half
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 4 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1 lb boneless salmon, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, white parts half the green parts, very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 24 slices French bread, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 1Put the scallion, lemon slices, bay leaf, peppercorns, and white wine in a large skillet. Add water to half fill the skillet, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, and then reduce the heat to its lowest setting. Add the salmon pieces, cover the skillet, and let simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, keep covered, allow the salmon to cool in the cooking liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, melt 1 oz of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the smoked salmon, scallions, and nutmeg and stir for about 2 minutes until the salmon looses its shiny coral color and becomes opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside until cool.
- 3Drain and flake the poached salmon and put into a wide, shallow bowl. Add the smoked salmon mixture and cooking juices. Add the rest of the butter. Use your fingers to gently mix it all together until the salmon is very finely mixed. Stir in the parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a bowl, cover, and chill until 30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- 4When ready to serve, preheat broiler to high. Toast the bread on both sides until golden brown and crisp. Spread the pâté on the hot toast.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Pâté Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (2478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 479.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g