Recipe by Ninna
This is from Australian Woman's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook. I usually use low fat mayo and cream.
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 220 g red salmon, undrained (8oz)
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped (green onions)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put gelatine, stock cube and water in food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add salmon, shallots, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt & pepper, blend for 1 minute.
- Add cream, blend 30 seconds only.
- Pour into lightly oiled mould - I often use a round margarine container if I intend to un-mould pate, it is a good size and it looks nice with a slice of lemon in the centre to serve.
- Set in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Un-mould and serve surrounded by melba toast or toast triangles and don't forget the pate knife.