1/1 Photo of Salmon over Gritcakes With Tomato Alfredo
This is a delicious combination. It is a take on a meal that I had at the Center Street Grill in Williamsburg, VA. It is great served with steamed broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together the grits - salt in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds or until thickened.
- 2Stir in cheese.
- 3Pour the grits into greased muffin cups, about 2/3 of an inch deep. (I a silicone muffin "tin").
- 4Chill for several hours, until completely chilled.
- 5Slide a knife around the edge of the grits, and try to pop out whole. (That's where the silicone came in).
- 6Place cakes on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes per side.
- 7Check to make sure it is golden brown, flip, and bake until the other side is golden.
- 8Rub the salmon with the olive oil and top with the salt and pepper.
- 9Broil skin side down for about 15 min or until desired doneness.
- 10Slide a spatula under the salmon; it should separate easily from the skin.
- 11Heat the half and half, cream cheese and parmesan in a small saucepan over low-med heat until thickens slightly and comes together.
- 12Salt alfredo to taste.
- 13Chop the tomato, rid of most of seeds/juice, and add to the alfredo.
- 14Place gritcake on plate, top with half a fillet pour the tomato alfredo over top.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon over Gritcakes With Tomato Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.4
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 551.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 42.3 g