Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 (5 ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon wasabi
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- mix ingredients in a zip loc bag and put salmon steak in and marinate half hour.
- bake salmon and mixture in a preheated 425 oven 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.
- baste twice with mixture every 5 mins during baking.
- let rest 5 mins after baking.
Great flavor and oven cooking guarantees no burning of the fish. I prefer grilled salmon to baked normally but the marinade impressed Dh and I have a request to make it again soon.
This is a wonderful recipe for salmon. I usually grill it, but found that it turned out very good when cooked in the oven. The marinade added just the right amount of flavor -- it tasted jus wonderful and didn't overpower the fish. I didn't have any wasabi, so I made a paste out of horseradish and used the same amount. Thanks for such a superb recipe!