Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and different way to prepare Salmon or Tuna. My kids always liked it done this way.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna or 1 (370 g) can salmon, drained (remove bones and skin from salmon)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Saute onion and celery in the butter until soft.
- Mash fish in a bowl, beat in egg, seasonings and stir in sauteed vegetables.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in milk with a fork to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, then roll it out into an oblong, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread with fish mixture.
- Roll up, starting at the long edge.
- Seal edges.
- Slice into 1 inch slices and place in a buttered dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 400*F oven.
- Serve with a white or parsley sauce.
- Serves 4.