Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Requires an 8 or 9 inch springform pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons water (more as needed)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can tuna or 1 lb baked fresh salmon or 1 lb tuna
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Make parmesan crust: Combine flour and parmesan cheese.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles size of small peas.
- Sprinkle with about 2 T water.
- Form into a dough, adding more water as needed.
- Press into an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Make filling: Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft.
- Beat sour cream and eggs until blended.
- Drain salmon and break into bite-size pieces (if canned).
- Stir into sour cream mixture along with vegetables, about 1 cup gruyere (reserving the other 1/2 cup), crumbled dill weed and salt.
- Pour into baked crust; top with remaining gruyere.
- Bake at 375 for 65 to 70 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan.
- Remove sides of pan and serve.
What a wonderful dish, this is a good one to have for company, next time I will try tuna.
Salmonchanted evening...this is comfort food at its finest! This hot dish is a favorite for ages 5-50 (my household) and beyond! Serve with a salad and a glass of shiraz and share the love!