Recipe by Trinkets
This is great with either leftover salmon or shrimp. One night we had a leftover salmon steak and another time we had extra boiled shrimp, it's great either way! I make my own pesto and have it ready frozen in ice cube forms, stored in zipper bags in the freezer. Lots of flavor from capers and olives (feel free to use Kalamata) create this extravagant meal from mere leftovers. Enjoy!
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shrimp stock (or chicken broth)
- 2 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 salmon steak, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic, and stir, saute about 2-3 more minutes.
- Then add the stock, and wine and slowly simmer until reduced by half.
- Taste and season with pepper then add the pesto, lemon juice and zest, the olives and capers and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the salmon or shrimp, the parsley and toss with the pasta.
- Serve in large pasta bowls.