1/2 Photos of Salmon or Halibut With Fruit Salsa
Salmon topped with a fresh fruit sweet and savory salsa is delicious and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 -16 ounces salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick, fresh or frozen) or 14 -16 ounces halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick, fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries or 3/4 cup chopped peeled peaches or 3/4 cup nectarine
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi fruits or 1/3 cup fresh apricot
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen.
- 2Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Cut into 4 serving-size pieces.
- 4For fruit salsa, in a medium bowl, stir together strawberries, peaches, or nectarines; kiwifruit or apricots; the snipped cilantro; the orange juice or apple juice; and jalapeno chile pepper.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Brush both sides of each fish piece with oil.
- 7Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- 8Coat the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 9Place fish on rack.
- 10Broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through broiling.
- 11Serve with the fruit salsa.
- 12If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
- 13*Note: Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- 14Grill Method: Coat the unheated rack of an uncovered grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish on rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon or Halibut With Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g