Judy from Hawaii's Note:
This recipe is adapted from one on the Canadian Fishing Company web site. My family likes it better than any of the other salmon loaf or patty recipes I have tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon (or flake up some leftover salmon)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- lemon wedge, to squeeze over nuggets (optional)
- 1Flake salmon in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add all other ingredients except butter& lemon.
- 3Shape into 1" balls, then flatten slightly.
- 4Heat butter or margarine in a non stick frying pan& swirl to cover bottom of pan.
- 5Add nuggets and cook over medium high heat, cooking about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 194.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g