Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
This recipe is adapted from one on the Canadian Fishing Company web site. My family likes it better than any of the other salmon loaf or patty recipes I have tried.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
These made a nice, light, easy-to-fix dinner. The ones that were the most browned tasted the best. The flavor was good but could have used a little more spice--perhaps garlic would do the trick.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon (or flake up some leftover salmon)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- lemon wedge, to squeeze over nuggets (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake salmon in a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except butter& lemon.
- Shape into 1" balls, then flatten slightly.
- Heat butter or margarine in a non stick frying pan& swirl to cover bottom of pan.
- Add nuggets and cook over medium high heat, cooking about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.