Recipe by JustJanS
I make and we eat a lot of sushi. I love the idea of this-a slice or bar, that's cut into dainty pieces rather than rolling which can be messy and itme consuming. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sushi rice
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 210 g pink salmon, drained
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 sheets nori, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sushi rice following packet directions. Combine vinegar, sugar and salt-heat it for around 30 seconds in a microwave to help melt the sugar; stir through rice as soon as it is cooked. Spread onto a shallow tray to cool quickly, cutting and turning the rice to aid cooling and distribute the vinegar mix .
- In a small bowl combine the salmon and mayonnaise.
- Line a 20cm square cake pan with plastic wrap. Place a seaweed sheet on the base. Spread half the rice evenly over the seaweed sheet and lightly spread with wasabi paste. Cover with avocado slices then salmon mixture. Spread remaining rice evenly over salmon and top with a seaweed sheet. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and press down firmly. Chill.
- To serve, remove plastic and cut into bite size pieces. Serve with soy sauce or pickled ginger.