Recipe by akgrown
This creamy casserole dish is a great way to use up leftover salmon. For a healthier variation I like to use whole wheat noodles and substitute all or 1/2 the sourcream for plain non-fat yogurt.
Top Review by Tulip-Fairy
Fresh creamy taste, great colours, I used rice noodles instead of egg noddles due to allergies but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I would pre steam my broccoli next time as it was a little too al dente for our taste, but otherwise a perfect dish. Thank you, I will definately make it again.
- 4 1⁄2 cups egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 12 ounces salmon, cooked or canned
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen thawed
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together sourcream, mayo, parmesan cheese, milk, and dijon mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hot pasta, salmon, broccoli, red peppers, and green onions; mix till fully blended.
- Place salmon mixture in a 2 quart baking dish, cover, and bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.