Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice economical change of pace from the old tuna-noodle standby.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, drained, flaked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine condensed soup, mayonnaise or salad dressing, milk, and cheese, mixing well.
- Stir in salmon, peas, and noodles; toss lightly.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart ovenproof casserole; cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and bake 15-20 minutes more or until breadcrumbs are lightly brown and casserole is bubbly.
A good alternative to tuna caserole with a nice creamy sauce. I did not have parmesan so substituted cheddar cheese, and because I love cheese I also sprinkled some on top. Also used only 1/4 cup breadcrumbs for the topping.
This meal was a huge success, and so easy! I used cottage cheese instead of mayo and left out the breadcrumbs to make it healthier.