Recipe by dicentra
I have no idea where I got this recipe. It has been in my files for awhile. I haven’t gotten around to trying it because Doug doesn’t like mushrooms or quiche. I might have to have a girls-only dinner just so I can make this! I think this could also be adapted to make bite-sized mini-quiches for a great appetizer. YUM.
Top Review by charlottetyer
I was a little worried about how this would turn out, but it tasted great! The salmon and cream cheese with chives goes together very well. I had way too much egg and cream left over that didn't fit into the pie shell. Next time I will try only using 1 cup of half and half. This was a great solution to making a creative dinner with leftover salmon. It was also very easy to make with very little prep time.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups cooked salmon, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare filling: Heat butter and sauté onion and mushrooms. Stir in flour and combine well. Remove pan from heat.
- Distribute salmon evenly in unbaked pie shell. Dot with lumps of cream cheese and add cooked onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with chives.
- Prepare custard: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Add salt and cayenne. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and slightly puffed in the center.
- Let cool 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.