Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another family fav. I usually double this recipe because it disappears so fast.
Make and share this Salmon Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed olives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix salmon, eggs, olives, celery, onion, dill, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Soften gelatin in cold water--SET OVER HOT WATER to completely dissolve.
- Stir gelatin, mayo and lemon juice.
- Combine with salmon mixture.
- Spoon into a 3-cup mold.
- Refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- To unmold, set in warm water and turn upside-down onto plate.
- Serve with crackers.
used salmon we caught at sitka ak - enjoyed
I used fresh lemon juice and light mayonnaise to cut down the calories. It was delicious for our "Friday Night Snack Night"! Thanks for this recipe.... It has a permanent home at my house!
Just tried this today...big hit with many ladies who cook a lot. I usually can't resist "tweaking" a recipe but only used fresh dill, not dried and a pinch of Pasilla pepper. Everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks Cheryl E! MaryEtta