Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A delicious party spread. I serve with assorted crackers. Chill overnight.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red salmon, drained,flaked,and picked over
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 -2 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- 15 pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the gelatin and water to a small saucepan; stir to combine.
- Set on medium heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add salmon and the next 5 ingredients to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add in olives, eggs, relish, and dissolved gelatin; stir to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer mixture to a well-greased 5 1/2 to 6 cup mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold on a lettuce-lined plate.
- Garnish as desired.