Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
A great spread for guests, I chill it for 5 hours because I like it a little firmer.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon or 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, drained (save liquid)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill and dill sprigs
- black pepper, to taste
- thinly sliced peeled cucumber (optional)
- Put salmon in large bowl.
- Remove skin.
- Mash fish, with bones.
- In a blender (or with a mixer), combine yogurt, cottage cheese.
- Pour into salmon.
- Stir in chopped dill.
- Pour salmon liquid into small pan.
- Over low heat, stir in gelatin until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add to salmon; mix thoroughly.
- Line bottom of 3 or 4 c.
- mold, bowl or loaf pan with dill sprigs (and, if desired, cucumber slices).
- Pour in salmon mixture.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Unmold, serve with crackers.