Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a nice lady at a Scandanavian restaurant I visited in Solvang, Ca in the late 70's. I don't remember the name of the restaurant. I found the recipe among a pile I was sorting through and thought I'd share.
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice concentrate
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Remove any skin and bones from salmon.
- Put gelatin in blender. Add boiling water, lemon juice and onion.
- Blend about 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add yougurt, paprika, dill weed and salmon.
- Blend 30 seconds and pour into mold.
- Chill about 3 hours before serving.
Apparently the other person rating this recipe mad an error if she did in fact make it. I found it a lovely recipe. Maybe chef 428644 should post her own recipe becausse her suggestions totally would be a different recipe.
I found this to be a little "thin". I used real cooked salmon and *whole milk* yogurt, but I think it could stand a brick of cream cheese and a teaspoon or so of worschester sauce.